Friday, June 24, 2011

Made it to Hungary

We had a really great few days in Romania with the Cocars. It was nice to get to see some of where Rachel has served doing various mission things. Thursday night they had a church service at their church we got to go to. We even each had our own personla translator for the service! Mine did an excellent job. Daniel did a sermon from Acts and talked about the Holy Spirit and how it can and should change us. They had a very good crwod for a thursday night and also for it being vacation season there. One of the things I really enjoyed was getting to know Mariana's mother some. Her name is Sofie or Sofia....not sure...anyway, everyone calls her oma which I am told is german for grandma. Don't ask long story. Anyway her and her mother (who is 92 and still very sharp!) Live with them now. Her mother loves to garden so has snuck in a bunch of tomato plants wherever she can amongst everything else. I got some good tips from her for my own and told her I would send pictures of mine when and if they grow. I will try to get a picture of her up here soon. We left Timisoara at 430 and took the train to Budapest. It was a very enjoyable ride. That is a great way to get to see a lot of the country. When we got to Hungary, I saw 7 deer 2 pheasant and a bunch of rabbits in fields. Let me tell you these rabbits here are huge!!!!! It was he first time I had seen them here. Anway, that is enough for now. Monday we start baseball and Hentes Told me we have 32 kids doing baseball!! 22 boys and 10 girls. Please be in prayer for them and all of the kids that come to camp here in the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment